Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Eclipse / Re: New Eclipse Owner
« Last post by lkm on Today at 12:13:23 AM »
Welcome.  The Eclipse is a wonderful boat - you will enjoy.  With 3-4 it'll be tight, however.

Regarding the main sheet -- Yes, I had a similar issue.

PO also didn't like the factory setup stating that was too long a sheet to head up to the mast and back to the cam cleat near the cabin, so he rigged a block mid mast and ran it to a side cleat which was just weird because it required adjustment on tack.   I hated it and went back to the factory setup, but realized his issue was the type of line he was using was too large for the blocks and stretched too much.   He had also tried running it back to the tiller and gave me the blocks to do that, but I couldn't make that work, either.

So, I bought new blocks and line and refitted so that I could either use a cam cleat just in front of the bimni, or run up to the mast.

Here is a picture of the blocks.  It's kind of hard to see, but hopefully will help to clarify.
The sheet starts at the aft of the boom, then to a block at the traveller, then back to the mid biin as part of the block that has the cam cleat, then back to block at the traveller, then to block farther aft on the boom, then to block with the cam cleat.     Running with the sheet through this cam cleat gives a tug forward to release and a tug back to sheet in.  The sheet is long enough to go to bypass the last step through block and cam cleat and go strait up to the blocks at the mast like the factory setup.

I also used a better grade of line of smaller diameter so the blocks run smoothly. If I was doing it again I would use a dyneema or vectran core like Samson MLX to reduce stretch.

End result worked much better in my opinion.  Hope it helps.
CP-23's / Hardware mysteries
« Last post by DanF on Yesterday at 10:14:48 PM »
Hi all,

I bought a 1989 CP23 last summer, and really enjoying this little yacht so far.  I think I've figured out most of her mysteries and quirks, but two are still puzzling me... maybe someone can shed light.  First, what do you think these padeyes are for, adjacent to the jib tracks on either side?  They're pretty substantial.  Not sure if they're OEM or added on.  Second, what is the purpose of this twisty hook thing welded on to the forestay fitting?  I keep thinking, well, I suppose you could just hook the jib tack grommet onto that, but really that doesn't seem right.  I'm sure someone out there knows!  Thanks also to everyone for all the great past posts that have helped me figure out the idiosyncrasies of this boat.  Great resource!
CP-23's / Re: Time for a new cooler: what size fits the CP 23 floor?
« Last post by DanF on Yesterday at 09:42:46 PM »
I tried out several coolers for my CP23 this summer, and found the best one for combination of price, performance, and (most importantly) near-perfect fit in the compartment behind the companionway steps was the Coleman 70-quart "Xtreme".  $52.
CP-23's / Re: Time for a new cooler: what size fits the CP 23 floor?
« Last post by MHardy on Yesterday at 08:01:07 PM »
Bruce, check out AO coolers. They are soft sided. I got one on Amazon have have been very pleased.
Classifieds for Com-pac boats / Re: CP 16 on Craigslist in NJ
« Last post by Finbar Beagle on Yesterday at 07:23:12 PM »
Kevin, I will follow your lead on the tow boat, but do keep in mind the camera angles.  I think America's Funniest home videos still pays, and you, Bob, and sad CP 16 should be good family viewing (errr...may need to mute sound)

Good plan to scout first. 
« Last post by K3v1n on Yesterday at 07:10:41 PM »
lol

I'll take full blame and ownership! :D
« Last post by Mas on Yesterday at 07:01:40 PM »
Well then we can only give you 8 feet each worth of TLC (Total Length Credit). So....let's see...that would be 34 total for Kev and 31 for you Bob. That also means Bob23 would need to be changed to Bob31. I dunno, this is getting confusing...then there is the fee....:)
« Last post by Bob23 on Yesterday at 06:50:26 PM »
Ok..I'm in on this deal. Are we talking partial ownership? This way, we can spread the blame around!
« Last post by Mas on Yesterday at 06:07:24 PM »
So if this happens you will have 42 feet of boat! Pretty respectable eh!? I remind all the high rollers at our marina that we have 48 feet worth of boat. We're moving on up Kev! Now.......let's see.....31-26.....you only need to come up with 5 more feet to have a 31.   :)

Good luck and here's hoping that she is in condition to restore. Say hey to everyone up there.
« Last post by K3v1n on Yesterday at 03:46:51 PM »
Thanks Brian!
If we just put a Torqeedo on the CP16 that should work fine and no need for a tow boat, I would hope. I thinking of going up on Sunday to put eyes on this boat and trailer and scout out the nearest ramp. I'd hate for us all to go up and it doesn't happen. Maybe there is someone up there that will offer a tow, ya never know.

I'll keep you posted.
Thx,
Kevin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10