Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
mines like that, gives you more head room and volume, couple extra inches actually makes a  lot of difference when youre already dealing with such a confined space.
That's some solid upselling "with no built in berthing, completely open below deck so ready for you own customizing".
Com-Pac Sailors Lounge / Re: Hello from the United Kingdom
« Last post by GeeW on Today at 10:03:14 AM »
Yes CoVianna, well illustrated, there is much these people have still to learn......... <sigh>

(c;
In all fairness, I was at the DMV so often trying to get my other boat's missing trailer title squared away that I probably deserved my own coffee mug there. In the end I ground off its original VIN, gave it a good fresh coat of paint, and registered it as a "Homebuilt".  Yup!  I made it out of Silly String in the back yard, officer!

While my hunch is that the current untitled trailer in question might be more readily titled than mine was (at least there seems to be some sort of former registration, according to the ad), if that "registration" document's in anyone but the seller's name, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole until the seller squared it away him or herself. But that's just me--albeit from bitter personal experience.

Now, just as a tip o' the hat to actual usefulness for folks of good will who are either buying or selling a boat or "tow beast" vehicle, I have taken the liberty of lobbing a few easy-to-fill-out Bills of Sale as Word document templates that one can use for this very purpose into the folder http://www.bukmop.com/BillsOfSale/.  One's a rather "formal long style" Bill of Sale for a boat, motor and trailer, one a much shorter variation that'll still do the deed handily amongst gentlemen of good character, and one is for motor vehicles.  Go ahead and grab all three and save 'em for later, maybe. They won't take up much room on your drive.  I cannot promise their efficacy in lands with monarchs or other poobahs-for-life or what have you, but they'll serve you well here in the terrifying Land of the Plastic Spork.

Enjoy!
Actually, this boat is already being discussed on these forums here.
CPYOA Classifieds / Compac 16 1976 complete basic boat Southern Maryland
« Last post by m13 on Today at 08:01:20 AM »
Hutchins Compac 16 fixed keel shallow draft sailboat. Perfect shallow water "pocket cruiser" for the Chesapeake and tributaries. This is a solid basic 1976 compac 16, with no built in berthing, completely open below deck so ready for you own customizing. Full set of sails and ready to sail. Comes with swim ladder and outboard mount. Last used three seasons ago and ready for new home and ready to sail and enjoy. Trailer has extended tongue for easy launch. Clear Maryland title with boat but the trailer has no title just old Florida registration. These little cruisers are proven steady and safe due to 450 pound fixed keel and only draws 18 inches of water.   https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/boa/d/sailboat-compac-16/6310105778.html
301 904 0113. John
Com-Pac Sailors Lounge / Re: Hurricane Jose in Buzzards Bay
« Last post by Bristol14 on Today at 08:01:11 AM »
Hard to see, but both main and jib are wrapped around several times with extra lines.

I considered taking the jib down, but I have a slight kink in the foil so it's a pain to lower it.
Com-Pac Sailors Lounge / Re: Hurricane Jose in Buzzards Bay
« Last post by BruceW on Today at 06:56:04 AM »
That's interesting.

Most people around me take the jib off, many take the main off also, or at least wrap line around the sailcover, down & back.

Looks good out there, though!

Bruce
CP-27's / Re: Compac 27 on Barnagat Bay Today
« Last post by Betterdays on Yesterday at 09:32:02 PM »
Might have been me .I sail my 1991 Compac 27 Betterdays  out of Lavallette Yacht Club.  I keep my boat in the winter @ Dillons Creek where I think I have seen True Wind

Stephen
CP-23's / Re: Quantity of epoxy for barrier coat?
« Last post by Tim Gardner on Yesterday at 08:32:40 PM »
My 19 required two gallons for the 5 coats I applied.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10