Author Topic: Empathy my 23D is on Ebay  (Read 134 times)

Offline cw021382

• 2nd Watch Helmsman
Empathy my 23D is on Ebay
« on: April 21, 2017, 03:14:50 PM »

Offline Bilgemaster

• Foredeck Crew
Re: Empathy my 23D is on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 08:23:52 AM »
That's a fine looking boat, but you would do well to tart up that auction page quite a bit. Presentation's the key. For example, the first image should be a shot of the whole boat--preferably at sail, but image number 9 might do if you cropped it a bit AND it's still decently high resolution.  Currently it seems your all-important first image is a dud...missing or pointing nowhere.  Frankly, if you can, I'd recommend a fresh shot of her at sail with a pretty girl in the cockpit or waving from the foredeck. That couldn't hurt.  You might also use the Description to talk her up a bit (the boat, not the girl). You currently have basically nothing at all there to hold the shopper's attention.  Talk about the craft's sea-kindly characteristics.  Is it specially rigged for or easy to single-hand?  Well, say so. Will it handle blue water sailing to the Bahamas? Is it a superb shallow draft lake sailor that's never seen a drop of salt water?  Is it comfy for a couple or small family to overnight in.  How does it trailer? Are there any YouTube videos of it or similar boats out there? How about reviews or other data?  Why not link to them?

In short, if you want to get your best price or even to sell her at all, then you've probably got some work to do. You'll need to grab and hold the buyer's attention.

On the other hand, if you're actually ambivalent about selling her, or let's say it's really the wife's idea, then the auction's perfect as-is. You'll likely have her for years and years (the boat, if not the wife).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 08:34:43 AM by Bilgemaster »

Offline Restharrow

• Foredeck Crew
Re: Empathy my 23D is on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 05:23:27 PM »
Looks like a beautiful cruising boat with LOTS of nice additions.  NICE JOB
Steve
CP 25
Lake CHamplain VT and the Coast of Maine
CP 25
Lake Champlain, Vt. and coast of Maine
FaceBook RestHarrow Farm and Boatworks