Author Topic: Is CatNip still around?  (Read 141 times)

Offline alsantini

• Captain
  • Sail On
Is CatNip still around?
« on: October 29, 2017, 10:14:52 AM »
Hello everyone.  A few years ago I sailed on Butch Erny's Suncat CatNip in Florida.  I am wondering if the boat is around and if the owner is on this site?  I had a great time sailing CatNip for 3 years during the winters of Florida.  It made me more aware of Com Pac since I was a Precision sailor (P-18 3 years and P-21 13 years).  When I went looking for a replacement for the P-21 that was "trailer friendly", it came down to Horizon Cat, SunCat, Eclipse, or Legacy.  Love that mast ender system!  Settled on the Eclipse.
Sail On everyone....  Al

Offline Mike Howell

• Grinder
I still have it.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 10:05:19 PM »
I have had it since 12-13. It was nice to meet Butch.

Last year, I moved from St Marys, GA, to Rock Hill, SC. Most of my sailing is in Lake Wylie.

Hoping to make it to BEER in June. Also had a P21 for 8 years.

Offline alsantini

• Captain
  • Sail On
Re: Is CatNip still around?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 08:45:11 AM »
Cool Mike.  Always seemed like a great boat and I was just curious  if it was active and on line here.  I was sorting through some Pics and found a few of Butch and me out sailing.  I was close to buying one 4 years ago when I settled in on my Eclipse.  I think I remember your name around the P-21 sites.
You probably know that Butch traded in his sailing gloves for a motorcycle helmet.  He heads North during the summer and takes it with him.  He still sails with me in the Eclipse during the winter when I head South.  We have spent many great sailing hours on Charlotte harbor going back to his P-18, through his Crab Claw (a really strange boat), and finally with Cat Nip.  I figure we have sailed together for 16 winters, mostly on Charlotte Harbor.  I think he only sails with me now in Off the Wind, my Eclipse.  Sail On, Al