I am very dense, unicorns, I don't get it........................nies

Offline Salty19

• Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
Re: Karam
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 09:40:06 AM »
LOL...

"unicorns flying through rainbows licking lollipops"

What I mean by this is how a child might view the perfect world.  All the worlds problems will cease to exist, and we'll be forever glowing in happiness.

Carl--I think I saw a unicorn the other day, but can't say for sure.   It was hanging off of your bowsprit..couldn't make it out exactly but sure looked pointy and hairy.  ;D

But seriously folks, if the bad karma thing really bothers you, it's no problem to remove it. 
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Offline NateD

• Commodore
    • Plus Ultra
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 02:38:10 PM »
But seriously folks, if the bad karma thing really bothers you, it's no problem to remove it. 

I don't get the feeling that it *really bothers* people, but given the current user mix, there isn't much of a good reason for it. If there was a flood of users intentionally giving bad advice, mounting personal attacks, or causing other disruptions, then the negative karma feature would have some use. Although maybe those "bad" people would just sit around clicking bad karma for everyone else so they would end up having the least bad karma.

Anyway, my point is it doesn't serve much purpose. The positive karma is kind of nice as a way to build status for those who contribute a lot, but the bad karma button seems to be clicked in error and in anger. I've flipped the bird in anger before, but it did nothing to help the situation and the person didn't have to walk around with a little sign that says "x people have flipped me off" the rest of their life. So my vote would be to get rid of it, but if it sticks around, it wouldn't *really bother* me.

Offline nies

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 03:01:22 PM »
I vote to get rid of it........nies

Offline Tim Gardner

• 1985 CP19/II # 323 "Andiamo!"
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • NSA: This is not the 'droid you're looking for
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 04:04:20 PM »
There is an option of not showing "good/Bad" Karma, just the total. Alternatively, the labels can be changed as well.  I have made a couple of changes that I will discuss with the other admins. and we'll get back to you.  This thread will be locked until we decide  what if any changes will be made or remain or if we ask for more input from the members here.

Regards, TG
"The sea is selective, slow at recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit"  - Adm Felix Riesenberg.