Author Topic: Is everyone taking a long winter nap???  (Read 758 times)

Offline kickingbug1

• Commodore
  • CLR sailor
Re: Is everyone taking a long winter nap???
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 01:51:20 PM »
    normally i never have shoes on sailing----barefoot all the way. i do amend that in the fall however to include socks. that cockpit sole can sure get cold on the tootsies
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Offline Tim Gardner

• 1985 CP19/II # 323 "Andiamo!"
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • NSA: This is not the 'droid you're looking for
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 06:37:17 PM »
Well- yesterday's first sail of the year went extremely well. Sailed a course of 4 miles in an hour. The wind direction allowed a two mile reach south & a two mile reach home.  68° F   BAREFOOT!  Well, I had Crocs on - fur lined.

My home-made furler worked like a champ. I guess I'm going to have to show my 4" pipe plug w/ Pex tubing hank on furling rig off. It think it cost a total of about $60 including errors.

Citroën Dave has witnessed it in action. Can I get a hallelujah?
Alas,no pics of the sail, phone died.

TG
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:39:52 PM by Tim Gardner »
"The sea is selective, slow at recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit"  - Adm Felix Riesenberg.

Offline Meander

• Swabbie
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 09:36:48 PM »
We bought our Eclipse this summer and brought it down to Bokeelia Florida the first week in November.  We had a Potter 19 down here in Florida that we sold a couple of weeks ago.  I have spent some time transferring  the chartplotter, depthfinder and autohelm  and I now have them all working on the Eclipse.  We have overnighted several times this winter in Pelican Bay near Cayo Costa and have daysailed on Chartlotte Harbor a couple of times a week.  We are really enjoying the Eclipse.  A fine boat.

Larry