Author Topic: CBMWG 3.0  (Read 710 times)

Offline Finbar Beagle

• Helmsman
  • Hmmm, looks like we are the only boat out today
Re: CBMWG 3.0
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2017, 06:44:04 AM »
I hope to be at CBMWG 3.0.  I travel for a living (read as “to support my sailing addiction) so it is too soon to know where I will be told to be.

Also, my Admisal works for FEMA, and looks like she is to be deployed to St. Croix, US Virgin Islands, after the New Years.  If Her stayi goes over a month, I will try to join her for a weekend (read as “probably best possible time to explain another Compac in our driveway).

Best wishes to you and yours for a safe and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Less than completely sober Boxer / St Stephen’s Day, and a Joyous Holiday Season!
Brian, Finbar Beagle's Dad

Siren 17, Boston Whaler Harpoon 5.2, Bauer 12
CP 19 MkII- Galway Terrapin, Hull 372
Kettle Creek, Barnegat Bay, NJ

Offline Mas

• Commodore
  • The big thing is to just do it!
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 10:12:31 AM »
Well i don't know about everyone else but it got to be winter quick and has stayed that way! Setting new records here, using purple wax on the skis, even our Chessie who loves cold weather has been going out to do his business and then wanting to be back in. Luv my winter sports but can only stay out for a couple hours at a pop. The wind has been the greatest challenge. Wait....this is supposed to be about a sailors gathering....sorry saw mid winter and just got confused. So...lets see....oh that's right Chesapeake Bay Mid Winter Gathering. Right now there is a winter storm warning in effect for where we keep our boat and where the gathering will be held. Ice is rapidly forming and aren't we glad we elect to haul every year!

I assume those of you up along the coast, especially our Joisey friends, are dealing with this storm as well. We have only seen a few flakes from it up here in the mountains but sure got ya on the temps. with only single digit highs and below zero lows, then ya add wind chill! Let's not let this cold numb our desires to get together this winter. Still wish the date for gathering up there in Joisey land could have been different but we will be with you in spirit, actually will be a a music event so prob will be consuming spirits as well. Then it'll be time to focus on CBMWG 3.0. Here's hoping we get to see everyone again!  :)

Stay warm. Get those ski's out Bob.
S/V  'Mas'  87' CP16/2
S/V  'Interlude' 89' PSC31

Offline Bob23

• I'm a mean and selfish curmudgeon! - Bob23
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • All men die; few men really live.
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »
Ski's are ready. Difficult to say how much we have. There's a 3 foot drift by the back door so I'd say we have 3 feet! Of course the deck nearby is bare so maybe we're not getting any!! 3 to 6" is forecast but I'm banking on about 7 3/4 inch. Heavy. Maybe 7/8ths.
We'll be there for the CBMWG for sure. Not sure who "we" is yet.

Offline Mas

• Commodore
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 06:45:19 PM »
Gotta admit, it is rare when I choose to not go out and ski or board with the kind of squeaky fast dry snow we have up on the mountain, but it is brutally cold up there. it has not gotten out of the single digits for almost two weeks and below zero at night with 15-20 and gusting NW winds on several of the days. Only good for a couple hours at best then it's time to go back inside and count fingers and toes.

Pedro says the water down around our marina is frozen up good as is the water over at Merrior. It ain't the middle of winter, not even close, but records are falling. Since we are discussing numbers, let's try 44!

That's right T minus 44 and counting to CBMWG 3.0
S/V  'Mas'  87' CP16/2

Offline Mas

• Commodore
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2018, 09:25:35 AM »
Alright.....at last post we had just seen 16 below zero ambient temps on the mountain and some of the coldest weather ever encountered down here in ole Virginny. Well if ya don't like the weather wait a week......it's already 66 this morning and due to hit 70 or above before day is done. At this rate we might have to skip right past CBMWG and go right to CBMSG. Hmm....guess the season is still winter so......

T minus 36

Bob, no worries about primacy, it's all good. We all embrace the opportunities we have to gather (the more the merrier!), no matter when or where! Happy trails, till we meet again.  :)

News flash......heard from Heave. He says some news may be on the horizon.
S/V  'Mas'  87' CP16/2