Author Topic: Com-pac 16 - 3 for sale in ks/kansas city  (Read 449 times)

Offline Sailaway

• Grinder

Offline Sailaway

• Grinder
Re: Com-pac 16 - 3 for sale in ks/kansas city
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
Price drop to $4,000

Offline captronr

• 2nd Watch Helmsman
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 07:37:51 PM »
My daughter lives in Olathe, so if anyone needs me to take an unbiased look at it I can.  I have an eclipse and not familiar with the 16, but I'm in KC about once a month and don't mind looking for someone here.  PM me for phone number.

Ron
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

Offline Sailaway

• Grinder
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 05:17:37 PM »
I'm fine with this as well, my number is listed in the Craigslist ad, would be the easiest way to get a hold of me.

Offline Sailaway

• Grinder
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 07:11:43 PM »
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/6294533277.html?lang=en&cc=us

Relisted here, willing to entertain any offer or interest.  In the meantime I will keep sailing the boat!

Offline Sailaway

• Grinder
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 03:01:10 PM »
Any interest for $3800?  If no responses, I'll just have to keep enjoying for myself!

Offline tmw

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 08:00:18 PM »
It may not be my place, so please don't be offended, but the price seems a little steep.  If you are expecting an '89 Compac 16 to sell north of $3k, I'd expect it to be in pristine condition, all sorts of fancy cool things, including a decked out interior, and a nicer set of pictures.  For example, the work Gordon in the UK has done making his 16 interior nice, and the weather protection on the cockpit, are the type of thing.  You pictures are more like fun pictures, rather than impressive type pictures.

That said, I hope you do still enjoy sailing the boat, it looks nice.  Just one opinion, feel free to disregard.

Offline Sailaway

• Grinder
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 11:08:33 PM »
Not offended at all.  I think it's a little bit of knowing what I have in it and knowing how much I really do enjoy it still and how much it would take to to make it worth giving up.  I hear you on the low quality pictures, that's just shear laziness on my part.  I also realize I'm marketing to a group of people who probably already have a Com-pac.  Otherwise why would they be lurking on this site?  But honestly I think maybe I'm just not really ready to sell it.