Author Topic: Compac newbie  (Read 199 times)

Offline captpaula

• Swabbie
Compac newbie
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:40:59 PM »
Just stopping by to introduce myself. My name is Paula from coastal NC and I just purchased a 1981 Compac 23 after selling my San Juan 21. I loved the San Juan, but I am more of a cruiser and not a racer, so the 23 seems to fit my needs much better. I work full time as an island nature reserve manager and passenger vessel captain. I sail whenever I can on the beautiful Crystal Coast of North Carolina. I look forward to learning a lot from this forum.

Offline Razor

• Foredeck Crew
Re: Compac newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 09:42:23 PM »
Welcome aboard!
I too recently purchased a CP-23 a couple of months ago and am hoping to splash her in the next week or two. I too sail in coastal NC. Hope to be keeping her in the near future at Oriental, NC after having her on trailer for the last couple of months. There are several other Com-pac owners in the Neuse River area. Hope to see you on the water!

Terry
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 09:45:09 PM by Razor »
"Cool Change" - 1994 Com-pac 23

Offline deisher6

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »
Hey Captpaula:
Ditto on what Terry said.  I sail, or I should say soon will sail again after some maintenance, out of New Bern.
You picked a great boat and a super place to sail although Bogue sound does have some shallow spots.
Smooth Sailing
regards charlie

Offline captpaula

• Swabbie
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 11:31:24 AM »
Thank you, Charlie and Terry. My first 5 day trip went really well. I stayed in Oriental for several days and enjoyed Neuse sailing. Now back to Beaufort and it's many shoals. :-)

Offline crazycarl

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 01:15:24 PM »
WELCOME... to the crazy world of compac owners!

ok, maybe i'm the only crazy one here.

we purchased some property just off the neuse in oriental a couple years ago and since then i noticed a lot of compac sailors on this site from the area.  NC looks to be compac country.  can't wait for retirement to head down there and sail with everyone! 

until then, keep the wind in your sails and water out of the cockpit,  carl
Somonauk, IL  where the washing machine was invented and the local museum's most interesting exhibit is a two headed calf!

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat - then decided to race them. - Philosopher Unknown