Author Topic: New to me CP 23 / Cruising SW Florida this November  (Read 138 times)

Offline mkaplan

• Swabbie
New to me CP 23 / Cruising SW Florida this November
« on: October 08, 2017, 09:26:30 PM »
I bought my 1982 CP 23 in May. The exterior was in great shape but the interior needed a lot of work. Some of the things I did / had done are: got new trailer, installed new interior teak, rebedded hull-deck joint, ports and deck hardware, built a battery enclosure under companionway, installed new electric panel, removed shelves and hanging locker, replaced light bulbs with LEDs, installed auto tiller, installed interior lights, built a mast raising system and a few more items. There is more to do but this is good enough for now. I can't wait any longer to go cruising.

I'm planning to spend November cruising SW Florida. I'll put the boat in the water at Tarpon Springs and head south from there. If anyone wants to join me on their boat for part of the trip then let me know.

Mike Kaplan
770-455-4757

Offline Bob23

• I'm a mean and selfish curmudgeon! - Bob23
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • All men die; few men really live.
Re: New to me CP 23 / Cruising SW Florida this November
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:50:15 PM »
Fantastic, Mike! Now that you're done with your 23, I might as well send my 1985  down so you don't get bored. Thanks!!

Offline Potcake boy

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »
mkaplan aka Make a Plan,

That sounds like a good plan.
I launched GladRags today and am looking forward to some cruising time. I sail out of Punta Gorda and visit destinations all around SW Florida.
As November approaches, we'll conspire on some co-cruising in the area. How far south do you hope to go?
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water

Offline mkaplan

• Swabbie
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 11:59:51 PM »
Fantastic, Mike! Now that you're done with your 23, I might as well send my 1985  down so you don't get bored. Thanks!!

Bob, Ha! The boat will never be done and I never get bored. But send your boat down. It might have some gear on it that I could use.

Offline mkaplan

• Swabbie
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 12:04:47 AM »
mkaplan aka Make a Plan,

That sounds like a good plan.
I launched GladRags today and am looking forward to some cruising time. I sail out of Punta Gorda and visit destinations all around SW Florida.
As November approaches, we'll conspire on some co-cruising in the area. How far south do you hope to go?

I'm keeping my options open. I want to visit Charlotte Harbor area but otherwise it depends on my confidence in the boat and my skills. I would consider Naples and even Key West or even points further south and west. Is it feasible to sail to Isla Mujeres and back?

Offline rmotley

• Rigger
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 09:05:42 AM »
http://meyersix.org/dry_tortugas.htm

For your viewing pleasure

Offline Bob23

• I'm a mean and selfish curmudgeon! - Bob23
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • All men die; few men really live.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:04:22 PM »
Mike- when in Port Charlotte be sure to visit the Celtic Ray, a wonderful Irish pub where they know the proper way to pour a Guiness. Live music, great food! I have no financial interest in this place, just a wonderful Irish Pub!