Author Topic: clr  (Read 1855 times)

Offline kickingbug1

• Commodore
  • CLR sailor
clr
« on: February 16, 2016, 02:23:31 PM »
well, it won't be long till i start bothering people about the CLR in july (25th through 29th or when everyone leaves). anyway i would like to have a list of attendees as soon as your schedules are finalized. last year we seemed to end up with more sailors than boats. while i was delighted with the turnout, more boats would be better. now, i hope everyone knows that this event is not for com-pac boats only (we had two catalinas last year). we figured the starting sequence using established phrf #s for each boat. the first race (for practice) was pretty slow due to lack of wind. the big race went very well with lots of wind and excitement. this year i think we will race more depending on interest and sarah and i may even compete. well enough of the pre-bothering mode. as always we hope to see old friends and make new ones. eveyone be safe this winter.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Online Bob23

• I'm a mean and selfish curmudgeon! - Bob23
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • All men die; few men really live.
Re: clr
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 05:06:43 PM »
  I certainly plan to be there, with at least the Guideboat and maybe my little Precision 15k unless I sell her first. Doubt I'd bring the 23 but who know? In a fit of reckless abandon, I may just do it!
  Has a theme been chosen for this year?
Bob23

Offline Tim Gardner

• 1985 CP19/II # 323 "Andiamo!"
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • NSA: This is not the 'droid you're looking for
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 10:06:49 PM »
Meet me in Charleston WV, & you can skipper my salty vessel, S'Go.
"The sea is selective, slow at recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit"  - Adm Felix Riesenberg.

Offline kickingbug1

• Commodore
  • CLR sailor
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 10:40:37 AM »
   bob, the "theme". (why does a woman have to have a "theme" for a party) is going to be "gilligan's island". im guessing a lot of guys will be looking for mary anne short jean shorts or ginger evening gowns. i have one pretty blue one that should be a stunner. i wonder if i can play corn hole wearing it. still have to find a wig.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Online Bob23

• Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
Ummm...you dressed as Maryann or Ginger? Now I got that damn picture in my head! Where's my PBR?????

Offline Greene

• Commodore
  • Wrinkles 84 Island Packet 31 Crew: Mike and Brenda
    • Wrinkles in Our Sails
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 08:29:29 PM »
I've already had a couple rum and cokes tonight and that image is still going to haunt me!
'84 CP-16 (sold) - '88 CP-19II (sold) - '88 Com-Pac 23/3 (sold)
http://s613.photobucket.com/albums/tt211/greene2108/

"I'm just one bad decision away from a really good time."

http://wrinklesinoursails.blogspot.com

Offline Tim Gardner

• 1985 CP19/II # 323 "Andiamo!"
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • NSA: This is not the 'droid you're looking for
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »
SHEeesh!, Kick!
"The sea is selective, slow at recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit"  - Adm Felix Riesenberg.

Offline crazycarl

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 11:25:27 AM »
even with his hair done up right and a new dress i see him as norman's mother from physco.

c.c.
Somonauk, IL  where the washing machine was invented and the local museum's most interesting exhibit is a two headed calf!

Man invented the slowest form of transportation - the sailboat - then decided to race them. - Philosopher Unknown

Online Bob23

• Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 05:59:54 PM »
Carl:  I knew he reminded me of someone but couldn't put my finger on just who. You nailed it!

Offline kickingbug1

• Commodore
  • CLR sailor
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 07:11:05 PM »
   im a big boy. i can take it----think "tootsie" or "the birdcage". are there hot babes that are 6'5" with a mustache?  and bob, i might just know a guy who knows a guy who was at the place for a thing who might just have a com-pac 16 he might let you use. i think his name is rich. boy is he gonna be mad at me. i better give him a call before he reads this.

Offline sailen69

• Tactician
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 11:38:37 PM »
Too late...  I am not cheap, but I can be bought.

Offline kickingbug1

• Commodore
  • CLR sailor
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 10:08:22 AM »
    i knew that would get a rise out of him. are you busy this weekend? if not maybe we can meet in nashville for a bite. ill give you a call

Offline sailen69

• Tactician
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2016, 11:21:31 AM »
Steve and Sarah,

It was good to see you for dinner Saturday night.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone that can make it to Carlyle this year.

Rich

Offline Salty19

• Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 03:13:52 PM »
So the guys dress as girls...got it.  Do the girls dress as guys?  Or do they all go as Gilligan?

Maybe ya outta do a "three hour tour" cruise as part of the theme. Then castaway on a deserted, but fully stocked, sandbar.
"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603

Offline kickingbug1

• Commodore
  • CLR sailor
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 04:22:36 PM »
   three hour night cruise -----in costume -------guys do not have to be in drag---except carl