Author Topic: Heading North in a few weeks  (Read 106 times)

Offline alsantini

• Captain
  • Sail On
Heading North in a few weeks
« on: March 19, 2017, 01:00:09 PM »
Well, the time in Florida is rapidly drawing to a close.  We head home on April 6 with a 2 nite stop in Louisville for a volley ball tournament.  I should have the only sailboat at a volley ball tournament.  LOL
This season, the sailing has been really good.  Plenty of wind, sometimes too much, clear sky, blue water, etc.  Really good.  Took a couple out sailing on the Gulf on Friday afternoon.  74 degrees, not a could in the sky

Offline captronr

• Tactician
Re: Heading North in a few weeks
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 01:04:03 PM »
Safe Travels my friend!

Ron and Chari
"When the world ends, I want to be in KANSAS, because its 20 years behind the times."  Plagarized from Mark Twain

Offline alsantini

• Captain
  • Sail On
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 01:06:51 PM »
Hit something and off the post went complete with mistakes and missing the end....  duh   cloudless sky, and steady 10-12 mph wind out of the East.  Perfect to sail along the shore.  We went South for probably 7 miles or so, turned and sailed North.  What a day on the water.  Definitely a top ten day.
Carol asked what I might want for my birthday and so weather permitting we will launch at Uncle Henry's in Boca Grande, sail over to Cabbage Key, spend two nights at the Inn and sail back.  The middle day will be spent sailing over to Coya Costa where there is a State Park.  This might just be a bucket list birthday....
After that I will take the boat apart to get her ready for travel.    Sail On,    Al

Offline waterwheels

• Foredeck Crew
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:15:05 PM »
Enjoy your birthday sail, and have a safe trip home. Things are warming up slightly in Ontario. Hoping to get anti-foul on soon and get her back in the water.

Don