Author Topic: Mast Raising System  (Read 5105 times)

Offline brackish

• Commodore
  • Arion
Mast Raising System
« on: December 04, 2010, 10:30:38 AM »
Several people have asked for details of my mast raising system.  Because of the file size, I've had trouble emailing it.  Here it is as an article.  I hope to add a video of the system in operation next spring when I drop the mast providing I can get the Admiral to act as a cinematographer.

Offline David

• Foredeck Crew
Re: Mast Raising System
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 04:08:31 PM »
Brackish,  Small size is not a problem.  I run an old version of XP and in the lower right corner is a place to blow up the size of the page.  I am sure all you computer guys out there with newer computers have something similar to blow up a page, so you can read it.

Nice work.  Looks and reads like an excellent system.

David

Offline Tim Gardner

• 1985 CP19/II # 323 "Andiamo!"
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • NSA: This is not the 'droid you're looking for
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 04:17:44 PM »
to increase the size (zoom in) hold down the ctrl button and press the + button to get to the size you want. reverse using the - button.

TG
"The sea is selective, slow at recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit"  - Adm Felix Riesenberg.

Offline thomeng55

• Tactician
  • TomCat
    • Sailing TomCat
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:36:22 PM »
I love to idea of this.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a Dwyer HINGED mast step?  If someone has already done one of these, itll save me the time of "noodling about it" .

Thanks

Tom

Offline SpeakEasy

• Tactician
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 05:53:24 PM »
This is like gold to me. I made a version of this about three years ago, after seeing and reading about this one (THANKS BRAKISH!) It allows me to single-handedly winterize and then summerize each year. Love it!!

-Speak
Happy owner of CP-23 hull #251 - "Meridian"