Author Topic: Classified Tips  (Read 741 times)

jimmagyar

Classified Tips
« on: March 04, 2012, 07:59:37 AM »
Wolverine 00 xj - The Compac 16 in Dexter WAS mine AND HAS BEEN SOLD.  I can not agree more with the recently posted Classified Tips.   Not only have I been anything but brutally honest in my boat ads and provide even greater detail in emails with a variety of pictures or over the telephone  I always want to be sure the a person really knows what they are getting into and have been even been known to discourage a potential buyer and/or direct them to another boat that I know of that is in better shape than the one I am selling.  This said, eventually the boat sells and everyone involved feels like the price and process was fair

Offline skip1930

• Commodore
Re: Classified Tips
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »
Yep. Never let the prospect take the boat out for a 'test sail'. Instead sell the boat's 'sizzle' while she sits on the hard or at the dock.
Take that prospect and turn him into a customer...what do they say? "You can sell a young man's car to an old man but you can not sell an old man's car to a young man."

snickering skip.

Offline Salty19

• Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
Re: Classified Tips
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 05:35:52 PM »
Jim,  I gave you some good Karma for being honest with sellers.  I am sure they appreciated that!!

"Island Time" 1998 Com-pac 19XL # 603