Author Topic: 1988 CPII Companion way hatch  (Read 1085 times)

Offline MKBLK

• Commodore
  • "Pegasus"
Re: 1988 CPII Companion way hatch
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 07:43:28 AM »
Salty - Thank you for the prompt reply. I appreciate the thorough description on how to go about replacing Pegasus' hatch. Although a bit more work than simply tracing from a pattern, your description makes sense. I especially like the "Easy..." part (notice the ten thumbs!). And, yes, that's a good idea to include "ears". No more stuffing rags into the openings during a downpour.

Marty K.
81 CP16 Pegasus
"...when you're on your deathbed, you don't regret the things you did, you regret what you didn't do."  Randy Pausch

Offline Citroen/Dave

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 09:10:05 AM »
Be sure to make the ears if you want a dry boat. 
"You can't judge a skipper by the size of his dingy."
'85 ComPac 16/2  "Keep 'er Wet" renamed "Slow Dancing"

Offline davidsilb

• Swabbie
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 02:28:47 PM »
Marty,

I traced my hatch before project started on cardboard.  I was going to use composite wood but decided to fill rotted areas with epoxy and coat exposed outside portion.  I will then paint hatch with Brightside Hatteras off white and hope for the best.  The inside will be natural wood coated with Cetol.  If you want a copt of my hatch cut out I could do it on light tracing paper or I have butcher paper.  Let me know.   dl38s@optonline.net

Offline davidsilb

• Swabbie
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 06:01:47 PM »

Winter has been so mild I wonder why I pulled the boat.  The hatch project has progressed to the coating stage.  I have saved the original 1988 hatch, but due to epoxy fillers and sanding I have decided to paint the exterior.  I plan to get a Compac emblem to place center of the hatch at some point.  I will miss the wood grain but it saved me in the long run.  Some clean up work and a second coat still to come.

Offline Tim Gardner

• 1985 CP19/II # 323 "Andiamo!"
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Commodore
  • NSA: This is not the 'droid you're looking for
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2017, 08:12:51 PM »
Pictures, pictures, nothing happens without pictures!

TG
"The sea is selective, slow at recognition of effort and aptitude, but fast in sinking the unfit"  - Adm Felix Riesenberg.