Thanks to Tim's great info, I have started constructing the system. Tony's confirmation of tabernacle damage makes me feel better about not trying the gin pole and baby stays. I have reinforced the midships stanchions and added an eye-bolt to attach the frames to (Saving $100 for the u-bolt-track cars). I am hoping the eye-bolt position will be far enough aft to keep the elevated support. As I hope to do the crutch support as well like Tim suggests.
However I am still trying to locate aluminum poles. Lowes has 8' x 1" square stock that I will probably try. I'm just having trouble figuring out how to properly squeeze and bend the pole ends without breaking or compromising strength. I guess I can try good old-fashioned hammer-time. But forming the angles will be tricky. Here are some pics of what I have done so far:
On another note - The stanchions when I got the boat had tiny fender washers - no backing. I was concerned for extra strength here, so decided to beef up significantly. Hoping not too much overkill.
Also, I figured out the mast I have isn't factory original, at least I don't think so. This is the dimensional and part from Dwyer which is my exact. So I will have to get the tabernacle hinged set and organizer, after I save some more $$ of course